The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Addington Long Barrow Forum Start a topic | Search
Addington Long Barrow
Re: Spare Change Guv?
6 messages
Select a forum:
Rhiannon wrote:
You've pledged a grand? that's bloody impressive, S. I guess it shows how important it is that people are aware of their local sites and then local people will care about them and look after them. I hope you find plenty of support. You're so passionate about it I'm sure you will have no problem pursuading people - the best of luck.

(I feel a bit ashamed. but if I was loaded I would give you some money)

I'm not much of a saver, but not much of a spender either, so I always tend to have money laying around here and there that just accumulates, and if it can be put towards something worthwhile, so be it.

I have applied to the Lottery Heritage Funding thing, probably using the wrong subsection or something daft, so they'll throw that back at me soon enough, asking for £150k, and hope to raise another £50k locally. My main weapon is actually me - long hair, tatty army-surplus garb, holey boots and an old transit van - if I donate a grand I can take some of my Dad's neighbours on the guilt trip of a lifetime [plus snobbery helps a bit too!].

Reply | with quote
slumpystones
Posted by slumpystones
16th June 2007ce
09:55

In reply to:

Re: Spare Change Guv? (Rhiannon)

1 reply:

Re: Spare Change Guv? (Robert Carr)

Messages in this topic: