The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: To save anyone the trouble....
207 messages
Select a forum:
"...then by all means let him welcome other "detectorists" to join in."

Oh gawd no, no more arguing about this stuff please. I actually gave up a while ago - for the practical reason that it's pointless and the personal reason its boring. Arrogant or not, I too hope they'll discuss it elsewhere - on their many fora for instance, from which you and I and HA members have been excluded. (Why? "For mis-behaviour!" Yeah, right, all of us.)

Here's the truth of it, Cymap and Kevmar (and I don't really care what convoluted denials or pseudo offence it prompts) - the counter DOES paint an appropriate broad picture. I know that's the case as I was witness to the painstaking work that went into it, and the entirely honest way it was done. It draws on multiple sources and they ALL back it up.

Your hobby IS erosive, HAS removed many millions of artefacts from the record and CAN'T go on like it is.

(What on earth are you saying when you say the counter is flawed - that your hobby DOESN'T denude the fields?!?!)

This topic is locked
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
30th May 2007ce
06:21

In reply to:

Re: To save anyone the trouble.... (Paul Barford)

Messages in this topic: