The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Britain Begins - Barry Cunliffe
461 messages
Select a forum:
thesweetcheat wrote:
tjj wrote:
I'd love to own the Barry Cunliffe book as, since seeing his work at Danebury, have the greatest respect for him as an archaeologist.

I think it will be worth the read, as Tiompan says, the genetics aspect is very small as a percentage of the overall book and there's no doubting the author's expertise in more "pure" archaeology terms, especially on the Iron Age. Lovely picture of Castlerigg on the cover too :-)

It found its way into my Christmas stocking, so didn't have to fork out myself, but it's pretty reasonably priced for what it is. Can be found for under £20.00 on-line.

I went to Waterstones this afternoon and had a look at 'Britain Begins' - loved it instantly (beautiful cover photo). Baulked at the £30 cover price though - have just ordered it via Amazon from the Book Depository at sixteen squidders (plus postage).

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
30th December 2012ce
21:51

In reply to:

Re: Britain Begins - Barry Cunliffe (thesweetcheat)

1 reply:

Re: Britain Begins - Barry Cunliffe (thesweetcheat)

Messages in this topic: