The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
69 Things to do with a Dead Princess- Stuart Home
461 messages
Select a forum:
Has anyone ever read "69 things to do with a dead Princess" by Stuwart Home? I read it about 10years ago and was thinking about it the other day as it has a very odd story line with lots of references to the stone circles near Aberdeen. Now, as a warning, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone easily offended as its about 40% crazy and indepth literary comment, 30% stone circles and scottish landmarks and 30% graphic sex, but it does directly reference Mr Cope and The Modern Antiquarian (not something that I noticed on my first read but based on my newfound favourite website, I noticed it this time round!)

Its a very odd book and pretty hard to read on the bus as the cover is a mosaic of naked women, but I was wondering if anyone had even ever heard of it? It mentions Aubrey Burl, The stone circle; Gordons Early History as well as TMA and has quite an impressive alphabetical list of the SC's in the Aberdeen area.

Reply | with quote
faerygirl
Posted by faerygirl
3rd June 2010ce
19:01

In reply to:

Books of possible interest (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: