The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Hetty Pegler's Tump Forum Start a topic | Search
Hetty Pegler's Tump
Re: metalwork
5 messages
Select a forum:
Just had a reply from Toby Catchpole of Glos CC Archaeology Service with regard to the framework and drawings at Hetty Peglar's Tump,

"Hetty Peg's is the big issue at the moment, we're going to have to do some serious repair work to make it safe to open up again and that will probably take years rather than weeks to arrange. The drawings were done by some kind person with coloured chalk rather than anything more damaging and I'll get up there and clean it off when I have the time..."

So it looks a bit grim at Hetty's at the moment :o(

Toby also mentions that the vandalism at Bela's has been repaired but the wooden stile is now broken and the drystone wall still needs sorting out.

He also went on to say "I'm still intending to get our website updated with information about the barrows we manage and to add news when it occurs. It is much appreciated when you and others report issues as I only get out to them four times a year but I hope putting the information I have on the net will help keep everyone else informed as well."

Sounds like a thoroughly good bloke to me

Reply | with quote
scubi63
Posted by scubi63
18th September 2007ce
22:11

In reply to:

metalwork (Rhiannon)

1 reply:

Re: metalwork (juamei)

Messages in this topic: