The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Harlyn Bay Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Harlyn Bay
Re: bumpy fields
11 messages
Select a forum:
heheh just so long as you know!! And I wouldn't be wasting time on a bumpy field if I was surrounded by burial chambers and big rocks, I'm sure.

Sometimes I think though, if you've got the background waffle you can bring unprepossessing piles of rocks to life a bit, can't you (which is what you do for a living I think? and why I persist with my postings -you're right I'm lucky to have time to read). Also (and this is a whinge I do have with lots of sites on tma) there's more to see at a barrow/pile of stones than just the monument itself, like the view from it, or its relationship to other features/sites in the landscape, which make you think about why it was put where it was put. Which I'm sure is at the forefront of lots of people's minds when they trek out to these places and stop for a sarnie. Like as an example, I imagine the field at Harlyn must have a beautiful view of the bay and its big surfy waves?

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
15th January 2007ce
09:17

In reply to:

Re: bumpy fields (Mr Hamhead)

3 replies:

Re: bumpy fields (Rhiannon)
Re: bumpy fields (Littlestone)
Re: bumpy fields (slumpystones)

Messages in this topic: