The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Llanfairfechan Arrow Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
39 messages
Select a forum:
Yeah, they do seem utilitarian. Arrows or whatever, sharpening something seems to be the probable thing.
whatisthat wrote:
Well worth a visit though if you are doing the Penmaenmawr / Tal y Fan area and strolling down the Roman (whoops!) Road.

That's partly what nags at me about these stones. I was along that bit of the roman road a few years back, if I'd known the arrow stones were there, I'd have definitely made the extra effort. Mebbe next time...

Idwal's notes imply they're from the middle ages. There's such a lot of history about that area, it's got to be a bit difficult for anyone to pin them down to any particular period, and as they're so unlike the usual cup and ring stuff it's not likely that anyone's going to stick their neck out and claim they're prehistoric. Though I notice there are a couple of pics on the BRAC website.

Reply | with quote
Hob
Posted by Hob
30th September 2006ce
21:01

In reply to:

Re: Unusual RA (whatisthat)

2 replies:

Re: Unusual RA (StoneLifter)
Re: Unusual RA (whatisthat)

Messages in this topic: