The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wales Forum Start a topic | Search
Wales
Re: elvis preseli sings the blues(tones)
26 messages
Select a forum:
We never got to Graceland but got waylaid in the Towy valley again. I did see some strange figures in the trees tho.....

There are several more sites to come - we've been going there years but always without camera or notebooks and only just got round to documenting it. It's amazing - very beautiful and covered with prehistoric sites. There are mounds and stones and all sorts of things waiting to be discoovered there - heaven knows what's under Llyn Briane - check out the Ty Newydd stone row - I don't claim this to be definately prehistoric but if it is....This place was probably a scasred place - with the confluence of several rivers, the protected valleys and the 'parallel world' of the upland plateaus

I will write a weblog which will give two guided walk to see most of the sites - many are obscure and not easily accessible - blue suede shoes definately not recommended

Reply | with quote
tuesday
Posted by tuesday
9th October 2006ce
10:48

Messages in this topic: