The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Long Meg & Her Daughters Forum Start a topic | Search
Long Meg & Her Daughters
Re: Where is this / these places?
24 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Rhiannon,
I recognise most of the places, and am confident of the locations, and in sequence.
shot of standing stone is Long Meg;
shot of woman on ridge with hills behind is probably Gowbarrow Fell looking east to High Street at somewhere in the area of NY411206 (the only one I'm not 100% certain of);
shot of woman lying by tarn with floating wood island, with trees around is Lanty's Tarn NY338162;
shot of band on hillside with stone wall beneath is at Honister slate mine, somewhere within a quarter of a mile of NY224135 see website http://www.honister-slate-mine.co.uk/Pages/home.htm ;
shot of band below waterfall is at Sour Milk Gill below Red Pike at Buttermere at NY172162;
shot of band at lake shore is at Buttermere lake at the SE end at Gatesgarth at approximately NY190152, with the hazy hill on the left Red Pike, and the hill in the background Mellbreak.
If you make a pilgrimage to each location you won't be disappointed - it'll open up a whole new world of outstanding beauty.
Regards,
TE.

Reply | with quote
The Eternal
Posted by The Eternal
18th August 2006ce
21:12

In reply to:

Where is this / these places? (Rhiannon)

Messages in this topic: