The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: Asking for too much
35 messages
Select a forum:
The "tunnel" (short, not long) will involve bulldozing new junctions, slip roads, and a brand new four-lane dual carriageway across ONE THIRD of the WHS causing massive destruction to the protected landscape. The "tunnel" (long, not short) or simply doing nothing ... wouldn't.

It's stating the obvious I know but whatever is done in the end will be first and foremost based on costs - not on what is the best for the site. I could understand it if the country was broke but millions of pounds are wasted every week by bungling bureaucrats, and the obscene plan to spend 25 billion pounds (and the rest) on upgrading the country's 'nuclear deterrent' just illustrates where the true priorities of those in power lie.

We (as a species) need to make a mega mind-shift away from what we are told is important to what we know in our hearts is important. Things like proper care for the elderly, sick and poor, adequate protection of the environment and our cultural heritage - not bombing the brains out of people all over the place and planning to do even more of it with even bigger and smarter bombs.

Grrr... it's hot, but I feel the same way even when it's cold :-)

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
26th July 2006ce
10:30

In reply to:

Asking for too much (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: Asking for too much (VenerableBottyBurp)

Messages in this topic: