The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Callanish Forum Start a topic | Search
Callanish
Re: Callanish...
47 messages
Select a forum:
Vicster wrote:
goffik wrote:
Welcome back you lot!

Glad you all enjoyed your hols...

Did anyone manage to get out to Rubha Charnain, perchance?

G x

Or the Sildinis sites?

I would be intersted to know why Margaret doesn't think theat they are the real thing.....

Didn't get to Rubber Thingy Goff, ran outta time.

Ah, now then, Vicster!!!

I printed out the TMA page for the Sildinis thangs, but without me realising it was the same place, Margaret suggested me & Jamie should go & take a look at 'something' when we went down to Fang(s).

We're with you - some sorta kerb circle (probly cairn circle) & slightly confusing cairny thing. And I think either someone's got the wrong end of the stick or Margaret's changed her mind (I suspect the former) coz it seemed to me from what she said that it's just that Margaret doesn't think it's a stone circle!

Certainly beautiful, esp in the sun!!!!

I deffo wouldn't doubt they're prehistoric & as I say, I don't think Margaret does. I'd vote to remove the 'disputed site' status, but not sure the description 'stone circle' is right, tho I know there are quite a few sites that seem halfway between - like Ringmoor, which is on here as a stone circle....

love

Moth

Reply | with quote
Moth
Posted by Moth
19th July 2006ce
13:37

In reply to:

Re: Callanish... (Vicster)

2 replies:

Re: Callanish... (Vicster)
Re: Callanish... (moey)