The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Callanish Forum Start a topic | Search
Callanish
Re: Callanish for the terminally stupid
36 messages
Select a forum:
Hello,

"Unfortunately, Lewis cloud covered the moon about half-way across its transit, and although there was a slight glow in the clouds around 2.15, the moon never reappeared for the moonset among the stones."

I assume the reappearing is here from the behind clouds (clouds are a very dynamic alignment;-).

But the above is not meant in the sense of 'reappear' through the stones (where the moon will go more or less through them, when it sets) or that it repears from behind Clisham range in the valley (which is not really visible form the center of Calanais I).

Indeed all these 'reappear's, makes that the term becomes very vague or not;-) So it is important to understand the original message.
But perhaps this is typical for this kind of events, everybody reads their own message in it and I am VERY sure that in neolithic time people did the same...

All these different views makes it very interesting, or not! (the scientist in me still wants to determine why people get to these views of course).

All the best,

Victor

Reply | with quote
geniet
Posted by geniet
21st June 2006ce
22:35

Messages in this topic: