The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Athgreany Forum Start a topic | Search
Athgreany
The moon and the sun
8 messages
Select a forum:
Hi folks,

some wisdom sought here.

I was at Athgreany stone circle last night. Beautiful, midges aside. The colour of the rocks as the sun set was worth getting eaten alive for. As the sun was setting the moon was rising over Church mountain and was quite high in the sky. It seemed to me that were one able to draw a straight line between the centre of both celectial discs, this imaginary line would split the circle almost on its diameter. Standing in the centre of the circle this was quite an experience, the almost blood red setting sun to my left and the almost full moon on my right.

Question: when the moon is full, do we think that it will split the circle exactly on its diameter?

I've been following the Callanish threads and the full moon/solstice stuff but don't fully understand a lot of it. Some may say: forget about the techy stuff and just go and experience the place. Fine, but the nerd in me always asks these questions and I've ben getting in touch with my inner nerd a lot lately.

There have been many dates thrown out in the Callanish threads. When do we think is the best time to witness the phenomenon described above?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Reply | with quote
ryaner
Posted by ryaner
9th June 2006ce
10:05

1 reply:

Re: The moon and the sun (ryaner)

Messages in this topic: