The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: Winter Solstice @Stonehenge
5 messages
Select a forum:
Hey RG,
How ya doin matey? Loved yer Solstice@Stonehenge pics- beautiful so they were. I spent the Solstice at somewhere not so very grand- a small standing stone in the south of Edinburgh- it was a glorious afternoon up these parts too and I was blessed by a setting sun over the Pentland Hills- nice ;) And surprise surprise, there was only me there- no Arthur Pendragon and friends and assorted nutters that ya described- sounds fun!
I had the adventure of the year though on Yule eve at a long forgotten site called Hawthornden- wading rivers and climbing cliffs- I'll try and get my fieldnotes posted this weekend- what a total headfuck of a site.
Anyways- Yuletide greetings to the Gibbons- you seem to be the only 'regular' who's been on the forum this past week or so- have all you other guys hibernated or been too overwhelmed by the festivities??!!
Cheery,
Martin

Reply | with quote
Posted by Martin
28th December 2001ce
23:02

In reply to:

Winter Solstice @Stonehenge (RiotGibbon)

1 reply:

Re: Winter Solstice @Stonehenge (RiotGibbon)

Messages in this topic: