The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   County Cork Forum Start a topic | Search
County Cork
Re: Identify mysterious Cork circle... (OT)
10 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Andy,

I've been thinking about it for a while but there's a few things that keep putting me off.

Firstly I would ideally like to know what the photos are being used for, I'm pretty attached to them and have thus far allowed only a few requests for image use, mostly for educational use and for promoting local arts and heritage. On the other hand the possibility of extra income could fund the trips to England, Scotland, Wales and France I've been planning for the last year or so! I have a large selection of castles and abbeys that I've been sitting on for the last two years or so and haven't done anything with so I'd have no problem submitting them.

Secondly, most agencies have image size and quality requirements that I'm not sure I could match, thus reducing the potential for getting decent income. A few are allowing interpolation to get bigger files and with my new D200 I should have no problem but up until a few months ago all of my library of photos were sharpened and colour/contrast balanced for best results from my favourite printers. Agencies usually require images with no sharpening at all so they can enlarge them easier which would mean re-mastering most of my submissions again which I dont really have time for at the moment.

I'm still mulling it over in my head so will let keep you posted on any developments and experiences via your mail :) The selection on Alamy and others for Irish megaliths is, with a few spectacular exceptions, a little dismal.

Ken

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
19th April 2006ce
16:56

Messages in this topic: