The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Ley Dowsing
27 messages
Select a forum:
"There is a *small* peizo-electric effect when a single quartz crystal is subjected to mechanical stress, but the agglomerated quartz that is found in most "circle" stone comprises millions of small crystals arranged in a haphazard manner such that if the entire stone is subjected to stress the voltage produced by the individual crystals will cancel out, all but for a few millivolts. As for acting as capacitors, you clearly do not understand the principle, or you would realise that to achieve any substantial effect the conductors have to be very close together, separated by less than millimetric thicknesses of dielectric material. At the spacing of stones in a circle the effect would be miniscule."

It seemed to me from the T. Brown pages the rocks were supposedly massive and alleged to be self charging. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the information on the site. "...certain granitic and basaltic rocks act as electric dipoles and spontaneously generate an emf..." (http://www.soteria.com/petro/secular.htm). In addition, the various diagrams don't SEEM to indicate the addition of other material in the circuitry described.

So perhaps it's you Steve who do not understand the principal being discussed? Or perhaps it's me.

Reply | with quote
Posted by BuckyE
22nd January 2006ce
06:49

In reply to:

Re: Ley Dowsing (Steve Gray)

Messages in this topic: