The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Drombohilly Forum Start a topic | Search
Drombohilly
Rock art hoax!
9 messages
Select a forum:
After spending some time relaxing at Drombohilly I noticed one of a small group of stones to the outh corner of the cirlce stood out more than the rest, a kind of reddish stone with quartz veins running through it. On closer inspection, lo and behold a very lovely double spiral and smaller co-joined spiral, looking for all the world like it fell from the walling of Newgrange itself... Neolithic art from the Boyne-midlands at a bronze age circle in Kerry?? I dont think so!
Have a look yourself...

http://img.photobucket.com/alb[...]/CianMcLiam/Cork-Kerry3024.jpg

I lifted the stone and it had dead grass underneath so its not there long, wonder who put it there and for what reason? I had difficulty carrying my backpack up here, never mind a rock, so I dont think its a casual 'token' from some heads. Wierd.

I dont think its a landowner looking for publicity either because there is a plantation of trees going to the immediate west of the circle which will make it impossible to see fromthe only road nearby.

Reply | with quote
CianMcLiam
Posted by CianMcLiam
23rd October 2005ce
01:58

2 replies:

Re: Rock art hoax! (The Eternal)
Re: Rock art hoax! (mike croley)

Messages in this topic: