The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Kiltiernan Forum Start a topic | Search
Kiltiernan
Re: Help mught be needed - get your pens on sta...
24 messages
Select a forum:
OK. Things may not be too bad. In fact things may well work out for the best. I was talking to the solicitor today who said that they are now looking at four routes that have been taken regularly over the years. One of these will definitely be kept open as a right of way. The one that is currently recorded as being a right of way isn't necessarily the best route anyway.

He will let me know how things turn out on the 10th. Hopefully the route I go and send people on will be the chosen way, but there is one other that is ok.

I tried the contested route out today, but it is impassable at the moment. So I went the 'normal' way and saw something for the very first time. Quite excellent! Roughly SW there is a V formed by to overlapping hills. In that V the peak of the Litle Sugar Loaf Mountain just about appears. Lovely! Move the tomb 20 yards east and it disappears. Move the tomb up the bank to the west and the peak is too obvious. I like sites that have peaks peeking at you coyly from behind other hills.

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
5th October 2005ce
20:24

Messages in this topic: