The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Vote for Silbury!
93 messages
Select a forum:
"Will all the facts be printed in the British Archeao comic? I doubt it."

Jane, the last time EH used that particular organ to transmit something important was just before Christmas when they announced the repair options.

HA described it as a "horribly incomplete account", but then they have to stay moderate. I, on the other hand, who have no reputation to lose and don't give a tinker's scrotum what anyone says about me, would describe it as twisted to buggery. Just a hint of why I might think that can be gained from HA's detailed commentary about it in March http://www.heritageaction.org/[...]ts_silburyhill_crucialdecision

Mike Pitts, the British Archaeology editor expressed the view that tunnelling was the most exciting of the options. The article is titled "Silbury Hill to be Saved?" If it's not based on the recent EH bland news release and devoid of an explanation for why "most damage" is preferable to "least damage" I'll be a touch surprised (though very happy that it's all resolved!)

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
20th August 2005ce
12:46

In reply to:

Re: Vote for Silbury! (Jane)

Messages in this topic: