The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Three Rocks Mountain Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Three Rocks Mountain
'TO THE STONES!!', they cry as one
5 messages
Select a forum:
Indeed, not the battle cry, but the peace cry of the righteous. (Is this the saddest sentence I've ever written .. answers on a post card to ...)

I was massively impressed by to things this morning on one of my little stone hugging excursions.

Firstly, the ignorance (not innocence) of youth. I stopped at a golf course to ask where a local dolmen was lurking and the young lad had no idea, so I asked if I could just wander down the course and look. Lo & behold, it was 50 yards behind him, admittedly behind a hedge, but still very visible (it's hard to hide a 90 ton capstone!!).

Secondly, whilst visiting a male and female pair of standing stones, I was reminded of our purpose on this spinning ball of rock. Not only to procreate, but to exist side by side over the millenia.

Ride On!! Mr & Ms Stone ....

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
16th September 2001ce
15:36

In reply to:

Gimme Back My Flag (Annexus Quam)

1 reply:

you stone-hugger! (Annexus Quam)

Messages in this topic: