The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Seefin Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Seefin Hill
Looking down on the clouds ...
13 messages
Select a forum:
It's a very good job that commercial planes do not have doors that I can open, because I would be trying to walk on the clouds everytime! I always have an almost irresistable urge to climb out and bounce around!

To stand on a hill/mountain with a carpet of cloud stretching out below you is phenomenal! What a rush!!!!! When you get a few other peaks poking through too like distant desert islands in a foaming cotton-wool sea .... wow!

I'll post a pic later of the rarely photographed passage tomb art from Seefin. Nothing too special, concentric lozenges, but one to add to the list all the same.

The first couple of orthostats into the passage have a thin veneer of quartzite on them. Late in the day (the passage unusually faces north) these quartz faces really do allow the sunlight to bounce quite a way down the passage, acting like mirrors I suppose. A lot of this surface has been broken off now and is moss covered. When complete and pollished ? ... super-sized-wow!!!

It's a magickal place and no mistake!

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
4th May 2004ce
16:08

In reply to:

Re: Rebirth on Seefin Hill (Kozmik_Ken)

Messages in this topic: