The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Perth and Kinross Forum Start a topic | Search
Perth and Kinross
Re: Faultlines and monuments
16 messages
Select a forum:
> I wish there was such a thing as archaeo-neurology, but there's not, nor will there ever be.

Mmm... one evening, a long time ago, my ancient mother-in-law suddenly sat bolt upright in her futon and uttered the one terrifying word Jishin (Earthquake).* Five seconds later the earthquake hit. Could be (an I'm inclined to think it probable) that because she was lying down on the floor and half asleep she was probably more sensitive to a subterranean disturbance than the rest of us who were still sitting around chatting.

But I also seem to remember reading somewhere that early, and very simple crop circles (not the fancy stuff you see on calendars and postcards now), were sometimes observed at geologically 'sensitive' points.

Just a thought - perhaps it all ties in somewhere.

* Interestingly, jishin in Japanese not only means earthquake, it also means 1) a magnetic needle and 2) the hour hand.

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
26th April 2005ce
23:36

In reply to:

Faultlines and monuments (Hob)

Messages in this topic: