The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Richard Jefferies: Story of My Heart
963 messages
Select a forum:
...guess I do have a notebook full of'em...

Crikey chris, I'm having a job keeping up with you here - but in the nicest possible way so don't stop. How thick, actually, is that notebook of yours :-)

I'd be really surprised if the Swindon born Victorian agrarian writer Richard Jeffries hadn't penned something about Wayland Smithy &c. Almost everything by him is out of print....anyone Wiltshire based fancy a lil' research?

Ah, now yer talkin' - Richard Jefferies has set me down on a few paths. His The Old House at Coate I think may still in print - I picked up a copy at the museum in Devizes a couple of years ago (ISBN 0 9506563 8 0). Heard recently that one of his books (don't know which one I'm afraid) has recently been translated into Chinese. There's a lovely bit of prose by him @ http://megalithicpoems.blogspo[...]1_megalithicpoems_archive.html You probably already know it but if not you're in for a treat :-)

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
9th October 2006ce
20:59

In reply to:

Re: The Future (chris s)

Messages in this topic: