The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Ridley Common Forum Start a topic | Search
Ridley Common
Re: Jingling Well
17 messages
Select a forum:
> Yeah Routin Linn definitely wheelchair accessible! So is the main one at Lordenshaws, if you feel fit enough to push her uphill on grass... not too bad I wouldn't have thought, on a dry day when the ground's hard. I've seen buggies up there.

H'rah! She's not in a wheelchair - she can get about on crutches (surprisingly nimbly at times!)

> another one would be Castlerigg but the ground's a bit softer...

Good point! How far from Newcastle to Castlerigg (and therefore Long Meg et al)? She'd LOVE that!

> Housesteads (Hack!-Ptuui!), is pay-parking, but they also do cups of tea.

Ooh - we like cups of tea... Roman? You think yerself lucky, sunshine! All we got round here is the (rather lovely) <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I[...]jpg">Bargate</a> and the old walls. All very nice in their own way, I s'pose... I should think <i>myself</i> lucky and shurrup...

> If the Goffs are up this way when it's more clement, we could try to converge in space and time? The circles are small, but the setting more than makes up for that.

That would be superb... I've not spoken with Mrs G about it yet, but I'm wondering if May bank holiday would be wise? Then I get extra holiday for no extra effort... I'll get back to you on that.

> PS: Goff, there are many, many wells-of-dubious-provenance in that neck of the woods. You'd be spoilt for choice.

>drools< I think you should show me all of them. S'long as they're old, I'll love 'em! :o) Go on then!

G x

Reply | with quote
goffik
Posted by goffik
21st February 2005ce
14:43

In reply to:

Re: Jingling Well (Hob)

2 replies:

Re: Jingling Well (rocknicker)
Re: Jingling Well (pixie1948)

Messages in this topic: