The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stanton Moor Forum Start a topic | Search
Stanton Moor
Quarries Again.....
2 messages
Select a forum:
Hey up,
Perhaps I was a little premature, our lass always reckons so too, when I last last mentioned the quarries at Stanton-in-the-Peak.

"Forty villagers attended a public meeting to voice opposition to a potential land swap deal which would see a quarry company extend its existing site. Stanton-in-the-Peak Parish Council called the emergency meeting amid fears that Stancliffe Stone had adjourned plans to reopen Endcliffe and Lees quarries in exchange for an extension to Dale View Quarry.
Residents say any such deal between the Peak Park Authority and Stancliffe would be inappropriate and could damage the landscape.
The Peak Park Authority says it will not take any decisions without first consulting the parish council. Cllr Hurford who chaired the meeting last week said 'The majority of residents who attended the meeting were very much against the extension to Dale View Quarry."

Matock Mockery Feb. 10

nice one
stu.

P.S. Any ideas why when I start a topic my post becomes locked straight off....It doesn't appear in the forum but like it come's up in the 'lastest' box on the home page?

Reply | with quote
stubob
Posted by stubob
13th February 2005ce
02:23

1 reply:

Re: Quarries Again..... (Pete G)

Messages in this topic: