The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Northumberland Forum Start a topic | Search
Northumberland
Re: Looks familiar
17 messages
Select a forum:
Yes, it's the same site, but looking in the other direction. I don't understand how a wall 'fossilises' exactly. At the time they told me they thought it was a field border. I've worked in this parish rebuilding field boundaries for more than twenty years so - clearly - I've seen most of the variations. I know all the styles - every single one - it was my undergraduate project and this isn't one of them. It's a fallen down stone row, in three clear sections. Each indicates a different point on the horizon - I think here it's two lunar and one solar.

They have the placename wrong as well - it's not 'Low Thornhope Farm' but simply 'Thornhope'. Also those two photographs were taken on May 30th rather than in August. There was torrential rain throughout August, in Slagg., yet the grass seems quite dry in those pictures. I've emailed Aron asking him to correct the faults but have little confidence in any response. Fat Dudley met the person who did a lot of the work designing the site, in a bar in Jesmond, and said 'she's ok'.

Reply | with quote
StoneLifter
Posted by StoneLifter
10th February 2005ce
12:30

In reply to:

Looks familiar (Kammer)

1 reply:

Re: Looks familiar (Kammer)

Messages in this topic: