The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Lewis and Harris Forum Start a topic | Search
Lewis and Harris
Re: Devastation in pictures
134 messages
Select a forum:
I was originally replying to FourWinds comment, which I thought was a bit simplistic:

"Wind Farms?......
Let's think. A clean, secure environment for future generations or a nice sight once every 18 years? Hmmm .... tough one that.
Some folks will campaign to stop anything!"

They are not the be all and end all, and some people who live with them don't agree with your opinion on how they sound. Other people in many countries are actively campaigning against them. In this particular case (ie Lewis) even the RSPB who are normally for them, are against them.

I knew very little about them, and decided to check out others views on them - I have been surprised by some of the information I discovered. I re-iterate they are a sustainable source of power, but they are not totally environmentally friendly (by a long chalk), and they also require coal power stations as a back-up, as wind is an intermittent power source.

SBP

Reply | with quote
Posted by smallblueplanet
3rd January 2005ce
17:30

1 reply:

Re: Devastation in pictures (pixie1948)

Messages in this topic: