The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Lewis and Harris Forum Start a topic | Search
Lewis and Harris
Re: Sleeping Beauty
134 messages
Select a forum:
Having read the links about this site there seem to be many reasons why this application should be denied. Not just the safety of the birds but also the land itself. There seems to be evidence of peat being affected by building turbines.
Whilst I am in favour of alternative energy solutions, I do think these should be found in a responsible way bearing in mind the wishes of the local people as well as the importance of preserving landscapes such as this.
There are rules governing the siting of wind farms and if these are followed this application must be denied. However, once again, this application involves business and the god money with the usual promises of jobs for the locals etc which never seem to come about

Sorry to go on about it but it makes me so cross that business seems to think it should be the first consideration when there are guidelines showing that what they want should not even be considered

Elaine

Reply | with quote
pixie1948
Posted by pixie1948
2nd January 2005ce
00:01

In reply to:

Re: Sleeping Beauty (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: