The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge Car Park Post Holes Forum Start a topic | Search
40 messages
Select a forum:
Hi

Complete newbie here, apologies if I'm covering old ground.

It was only a couple of days ago I found about these post holes in the Stonehenge car park. I've been looking into the apparent coincidence (?) of the relationship of the alignment of the Giza pyramids with the three stars that form Orion's belt. And then I discovered information about the Thornborough Henges Complex, which shows a similar arrangement... and then I saw a photo of the concrete markers in the Stonehenge car park. And I was gobsmacked to find that they appear to be in the same two-in-a-line-and-one-off-to-one-side alignment.

It can't just be me that thinks that this has to be more than coincidence, surely? Yet I can't seem to find out anything much about these post holes. Lots and lots of speculation about Stonehenge itself, of course, but not a great deal about these much older post holes, and certainly nothing that suggests that there's any relationship between these and the three stars of Orion's belt.

Any thoughts?

Reply | with quote
Posted by pendant
18th January 2005ce
23:35

In reply to:

stonehenge mesolithic post holes (Treeman)

1 reply:

Re: Orion's belt? (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: