The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Carrowmore Complex Forum Start a topic | Search
Carrowmore Complex
Re: Deafening silence
8 messages
Select a forum:
Hi ftc

I never let the chance go by to remind people that the oldest known structure in Europe is at Carrowmore :-)

The main thing is that I am the only regular contributor here from Ireland, so it rearly gets a mention. I have loads of bits on it here: http://www.megalithomania.com/show/site/841 . One day I'll get together with the TMA Eds and sort out the individual monuments at Carrowmore on TMA, but at the moment it's a bit untidy :-) [note to self - I must do Loughcrew too]

I took Julian there back in May 2003 for his research for The Megalithic European and it blew his mind! Hence why there's such a big section dedicated to it and Knocknarea in the book. When people who've bought the book have had the chance to visit Ireland I suspect we'll see a lot more about Carrowmore (and Carrowkeel etc) here.

Welcome to TMA!

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
21st December 2004ce
07:57

In reply to:

Deafening silence (follow that cow)

2 replies:

Re: Deafening silence (follow that cow)
Re: Deafening silence (follow that cow)

Messages in this topic: