The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Bowda Stone Circle Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Bowda Stone Circle
Re: Northhill Checklist
6 messages
Select a forum:
I know bits of North Hill better than other bits...Trebartha estate is a bit of a no go area I believe, lots of forestry work. I have visited Allabury Iron Age round and spent quite a bit of time on both Hawks Tor and Kilmar. For those of you who don't know they have recreated a bronze Age settlement at Trewortha...i have seen it from a distance but have yet to get there.

The reason I asked about Bowda was just because the grid Ref put it in a field...I will be going up there in the next few weeks because it is to be on part of my circular walk around the moor that I am writing at the moment. I pass by Stonsford Stones Plantation as I head south.

I have not come across the book you found these refs in...Does it have similar details for each parish?

I will contact CAU (or whatever long winded title they have now) and see if they will let us use the photo of Bury Down.

Thanks for the info

Mr H

Reply | with quote
Mr Hamhead
Posted by Mr Hamhead
5th December 2004ce
21:46

In reply to:

Northhill Checklist (phil)

Messages in this topic: