The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Red Farm Forum Start a topic | Search
Red Farm
Re: fence hopping
8 messages
Select a forum:
I've been 'trespassing' on and off now for some 60 years. Find the best means of access is tunnelling and backfilling as you go - that way your tracks are always covered but unfortunately so too is your means of a hasty retreat. However, if you do intend to trespass using the tunnelling method my advice is to either go it alone or with someone a lot thinner than yourself.

I had a really bad experience as a kid trying to make a rapid escape from an orchard with my tubby accomplice Gilbert Ramsbottom; our pockets were bulging with apples when Giles and his dog showed up. Gilbert got to our tunnel before me but his bulky pockets, coupled with his bulky frame, ensured that he got stuck half way through our means of escape. With a bit of help from me at 'rear (he weren't called Ramsbottom for nothing) he finally wriggled free but I was caught and given a harsh admonition of the physical kind.

Hasn't stopped me from trespassing though - no friggin' 'landowner' is going to tell me where I can or cannot go :-).

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
14th October 2004ce
20:14

In reply to:

Re: fence hopping (stubob)

1 reply:

Re: fence hopping (ShropshireTraveller)

Messages in this topic: