The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Copt Howe Forum Start a topic | Search
Copt Howe
Re: Please do not climb Copt Howe
101 messages
Select a forum:
>>You may be right about my mother, but I can't ask her as she died recently. A low jibe even
>> for pondlife..

On the first point: nothing I say will amend that.

>> The point I am making is that signs attract vandalism - they do nothing to protect or deter.

I would agree with you if we were talking about an inner-city place. Here we are talking about a place where mainly responsible people go, who would probably be quite bothered about damaging the site if they knew it was there.

>> A pop at Heritage in Action - no not really

Well, changing their name from 'Heritage Action' to 'Heritage inAction' (you left the space out previously) is having a pop if it was done intentionally.

>> though I did think that the recent tale of woe about the chairman not wanting to meet EH was
>> sad.

I agree

>> Why people on forums cannot disagree without resorting to personal offence is beyond my
>> understanding.

As are many things I suspect.

>> I do care about ancient sites and just don't believe that silly signs will help at all.

And it's your right to believe that. I just believe that you are very wrong. Also, no one has suggested putting up 'silly signs' have they? I think most people want a sensible sign.

>> Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe you are

Maybe.

>> - now that is the ultimate heresy on a TMA forum - to suggest, nay even hint that FW could
>> be wrong about anything. The master leads and the sheep follow.

You flatter me, but that's bollocks :-)

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
29th September 2004ce
11:43

In reply to:

Re: Please do not climb Copt Howe (Earthstepper)

1 reply:

Re: Please do not climb Copt Howe (Earthstepper)

Messages in this topic: