The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Copt Howe Forum Start a topic | Search
Copt Howe
Re: Meanwhile...
101 messages
Select a forum:
The boulderers seem to think that as they were climbing before the scheduling, and as it obviously hasn't caused any damage, because they never climbed up the carved side, the carvings are still there so they should still be allowed to climb.

And if they aren't damaging the carvings, I can see their point.

But are these the only boulderable (eh?) rocks in the area? In which case I could see why they'd be so keen to keep climbing. Or is it that these are somehow better rocks to be a sporty climber? In which case I'd say they should go look harder, there might be better ones without carvings.

I hope it's not just a case of domesticated primate terrtoriality.

I was thinking that there should be a sign to start with, then a follow up scan in a few years to see if there has been any damage. If there has, then ban climbing on it. Then keep scanning periodically.

Or....

A simulacrum of the boulder made from concrete? Exactly the same climb, but possibly even indoors, so not even in the cold and wet.

Reply | with quote
Hob
Posted by Hob
29th September 2004ce
00:43

In reply to:

Re: Meanwhile... (baza)

Messages in this topic: