The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: Avebury Accommodation
37 messages
Select a forum:
I've only ever eaten at the Red Lion, so can't comment upon the accomadation. I think I had a lasagne, can't remember ... but it was very nice. Surprised at lack of vegetarian food on the menu when I was last there though - one dish I think - but that was a long time ago. The curfew would put me off staying there often to be honest, but I reckon I'll do it for one night just so I can say I have.

As an aside: Can someone name a pub that <i>isn't</i> 'Pagan Friendly'? I know a few that aren't bus-load-of-pagans-on-a-real-ale-binge friendly, but only in the same way that they aren't bus-load-of-footie-supporters-on-special-brew friendly. I can't remember seeing a person being thrown out of a pub purely for being pagan. I've seen one or two throw someone, who just happened to be pagan, out for being a complete twat. Never seen a pub with a 'No Pagans' sign on the door.

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
9th September 2004ce
21:26

In reply to:

Re: Avebury Accommodation (Kate)

1 reply:

Re: Avebury Accommodation (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: