The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wales Forum Start a topic | Search
Wales
Re: Welsh cromlechs
35 messages
Select a forum:
Merrick, every counter point you make is feasible to some degree and it would be an endless cycle of such exchanges were I to answer them individually.

All I can really say is that you have to take what you take from sites and look at the evidence available and the speculation surrounding them. Once you have this experience and information at your disposal you have to make your own mind up. For me this has led me to believe what I outlined above. The same information may lead others to a different view. If these alternative ideas are backed up by the facts then they are equally valid. If there are discrepencies then they could simply be exceptions to the rule - I know of many such instances in other tomb types.

The main thing is that the facts do not tell the whole story and the real answer will never be catagorically known. All anyone can do is read up and visit loads before coming to any firm conclusions. I have done this and may or may not be wrong.

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
2nd September 2004ce
07:15

In reply to:

Re: Welsh cromlechs (Merrick)

1 reply:

Re: Welsh cromlechs (Merrick)

Messages in this topic: