The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   White Moor Stone Circle Forum Start a topic | Search
White Moor Stone Circle
Re: I survived!!!
11 messages
Select a forum:
Hello Doktor and well done. Hope we had plenty of water with you.

I managed to get there about 2 years ago, I can't remember exactly where we set off from without a map in front of me to jog my memory but I can confirm that the bog is a particularly nasty one and we had to detour up on to higher ground to reach it. From memory this took a good couple of hours. I've got some photos somewhere that I took. I remember that one of the stones appeared to take on a "quartzy glow" in my piccie which wasn't evident when inside the the circle - probably a duff roll of film.

Like you we appreciated the isolation of the place but were bemused to see a mountain biker chugging over the hills and across the site.

Presumably you spotted the big standing stone nearby?

Dartmoor can be a bit scary when the weather turns - even for the experienced walker. I posted up a warning about Conies Moor stone row on Friday after trying to get their two weekends ago. Langstone Circle is protected by a fearsome bog too!

Reply | with quote
RedBrickDream
Posted by RedBrickDream
2nd August 2004ce
12:18

In reply to:

I survived!!! (doktoratomik)

1 reply:

Re: I survived!!! (doktoratomik)

Messages in this topic: