The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wychbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Wychbury Hill
RE: Wychbury
37 messages
Select a forum:
Greetings everyone!

Haven't been around for a while and have been missing out obviously!

I am in awe of all the information here, I've never really been able to find much out about Wychbury historically, only the folklore side of it and I'm devouring this information!

My parents used to live at the back of the Gypsies Tent (now Badgers Set) pub and I spent a lot of time as a child making dens in the trees and playing on the ramparts. I still visit regularly and am increasingly dismayed by the amount of trees that people seem intent on destroying and trying to burn.

I have a wonderful article somewhere from an early copy of the Black Country Bugle which has a lot of information regarding archaeological finds at Wychbury which I will dig out and type/scan in. If you all know about this already let me know and I'll shut up!

Around the time of the bypass protest I remember someone telling me about another Bugle article that mentioned seven Celtic warriors being buried under seven sacred yew trees on the hill! I'd love to read this if anyone has a copy.

Best wishes to you all,

Alchemilla

Reply | with quote
Posted by Alchemilla
15th April 2005ce
14:26

In reply to:

RE: Wychbury (Forrester)

3 replies:

RE: Wychbury (wychburyman)