The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Wychbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Wychbury Hill
RE: Wychbury
37 messages
Select a forum:
I'm here Morfe

It's great to see interest is still strong in this wonderful site.

I welcome any discussion (especially over a pint!). I think Forrester's message shows a knowledge and intelligence about the subject that I certainly can't match but I'd be happy to take it further.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the position of the biggest ramparts, to me they seem to be placed to utilise the natural topography. After all an approaching enemy coming from any direction would not take long to outflank the biggest defences and quickly traverse around to the other side.

I think the comments about the atmosphere and feel for the place are spot on as we know. Subjective I know, but there is something that I can't quite put my finger on; whether benign or malign! So many people I've spoken to young and old and from varied backgrounds have said as much, without any prompting at all.

I look forward to responses.

Regards

[email protected]

Reply | with quote
Posted by wychburyman
3rd August 2004ce
20:04

In reply to:

RE: Wychbury (morfe)

1 reply:

RE: Wychbury (Forrester)

Messages in this topic: