The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: Avebury Bypass
127 messages
Select a forum:
You may not realise but Toxic Delerium was trying to point out that despite my base use of the English language I passionately believe a by-pas to be a load of crap, and the last thing Avebury needs. He was merely pointing out that my language should not detract from that said passion and not be dismissed by those with more academic qualifications and who are able to express themselves with longer words and no real love of the area, the stones, the countryside, or the residents of the village.
He is no "dipshit", but a man who feels as passionately as I about this by-pass bollocks, and who hates the way that my lack of a degree in arche-anything often seems to give others licence to try and "do me down".
We are all supposed to be of a like mind, with the same general love of all things megalithic; and yes opinions are a good thing, BUT talking crap and not having the ability to realise your idea /ideas are crap is very sad.
To be taken seriously over the comment I made "you think you're right and I know I am" made me laugh. Of course I think I'm right; but I know it doesn't mean I am, how arrogant.
And that goes back to Toxic Delerium, and his post; why do we all take ourselves so arrogantly serious on here? Its a forum for discussion and opinion, and speaking from the heart, sincerely and passionately and not a place to try and come across as superior or more intelectual than others, which is sadly how some people choose to use it.

Scousemaiden xxx

Reply | with quote
Posted by scousemaiden
9th July 2004ce
14:28

In reply to:

Re: Avebury Bypass (doktoratomik)

1 reply:

Re: Avebury Bypass (doktoratomik)

Messages in this topic: