The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Horned Women
167 messages
Select a forum:
I've come across that one before, but in Joseph Jacob's <i>Celtic Fairy Tales</i>. Its clearly got a lot of witchcraft involved in it! Didn't covens have thirteen members, though? Or would the thirteenth member be "the devil" (or Robin, or whichever name you prefer!) himself? The horns are lunar references, I'm sure - twelve months and all that. The Moon tonight was particularly horned, although its never in the sky for that long when its so slim. The spirit of the well was interesting, I'm tempted to just jump in shouting "Bride!" but there's not really much revealed of her nature, so its hard to say for sure. Probably safe to say Bride though, given her significance to Holy Wells. Sorry, I know I should be calling her Brigid - I've Scottish habits!

Reply | with quote
TomBo
Posted by TomBo
23rd April 2004ce
00:38

In reply to:

Re: Throut (FourWinds)

2 replies:

Re: Horned Women (GordonP)
Re: Horned Women (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: