The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury
Re: The other sort of Avebury digs
23 messages
Select a forum:
The 11-o-clock Red Lion 'lock in rule' is stupid.
I stopped there last year. . or rather I didn't! I booked a room, and when I found I had to be in by 11 I cancelled, Summer Garland & I slept in my van on the Red Lion car park, (by 11 I had drunk too much to drive anywhere anyway. .) We had a lovely time despite the Red Lions silly rules!
Look at it this way . . you travel to Avebury, to spend the night in the circle, and find you have to be locked in your room by 11pm? what's the matter here?
I'd recomend anyone to get an Avebury B&B or stop at the New Inn & walk to the circle. The Red Lion is a waste of time if you want to spend the night with the stones.
Never in my life ever, have I paid for a night in a hotel/B&B/guest house and been given a time curfew. It's bloody insulting!
I've stopped at the New Inns many times. . the staff there (quite rightly) laugh at the Red Lion's 'lock in' policy. At the New Inn you get a key! (like a proper grown-up!)

Reply | with quote
suave harv
Posted by suave harv
4th April 2004ce
18:51

1 reply:

Re: The other sort of Avebury digs (Clint Marsh)

Messages in this topic: