The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Sanctuary Forum Start a topic | Search
The Sanctuary
Moth's Admirable Long Lense
42 messages
Select a forum:
Moth, I loved your recent Avebury area pics - especially the big lens ones from the Sanctuary, they show the views to the other monuments so much more clearly. It's amazing what shots like that can show up. May I pinch one for something I'm writing?

Being a respectable citizen, I've never been to the top of Marlborough Mound (asked permission, told to write in). Your system for avoiding paperwork seems much more efficient and I'll adopt it now. Could you see anything from the top? When I'm supreme leader I'll have all the trees and the other stuff removed and it will take it's rightful place as a huge Wow second only to and perhaps related to Silbury. I suspect it plays a Silbury game could we see it through the trees. Also I think you may be able to see to the end of the Ridgeway within yards of the Sanctuary or more to the point, there may be a spot from which you can see it and Silbury at the same time. Next time you and your big lense are down that way maybe you could try it.

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
3rd October 2003ce
07:39

Messages in this topic: