The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Ballochmyle Walls Forum Start a topic | Search
Ballochmyle Walls
Re: Who is going to save Ballochmyle?
9 messages
Select a forum:
perspex screen - it's ridiculous when you have to consider such a thing isn't it. it'd be like vandalism in itself.

I had a look at the map, and I suppose the site is just so near that main road, it's so accessible. I realise that some of the reason these IDIOTS come to the place is just to escape their parents and get hammered (presumably) but some of the reasonthey do it there, and not on a street corner somewhere, surely has to be to do with the actual ambience of the place?? Not that I've been there. But to look at the map, it looks like a wooded little valley next to some water, a naturally nice place to congregate and surely something to do with why the carvings are there themselves and not down the road somewhere. So if there's any connection between these two things, why are people so amazingly ignorant enough to spoil the carvings? carving your name on things must be just irresistable to them. I guess people like making their mark. Hence the carvings in the first place.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
12th September 2003ce
16:27

Messages in this topic: