The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Ballochmyle Walls Forum Start a topic | Search
Ballochmyle Walls
Re: Who is going to save Ballochmyle?
9 messages
Select a forum:
I read your weblog. You certainly met some Interesting people. And if people like that know where these places are, then god help them (the places, that is). Yes I am a total doommeister, but what CAN you do? If they're little things you can move them (like the slab in Bristol museum witht he foot carvings on) - but this is really ridiculous because it moves them away from where they're supposed to be. OR if they're big like Ballochmyle... you can turn them into a big tourist thing like Stonehenge, which ruins them (but protects them). OR you can cry and submit to them being sacrificed for the sake of all the hidden stuff that hopefully YOBS don't know about. But Ballochmyle just looks amazing. So I vote that it should be turned into a major tourist attraction with virtual reality booths and a tea shop. For it's own sake mind.
No, I don't want this really. But who's got a better idea, please.

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
12th September 2003ce
15:42

Messages in this topic: