The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   St. Peter's Church, Farnborough Forum Start a topic | Search
11 messages
Select a forum:
OK - fair point and I didn't post Farnborough anyway, but it does interest me as I would like to know more about just what such mounds are. I will delete the Devil's wotnot if that is a majority view. As a newbie, I am still learning about what the consensus of opinion is on TMA coverage. If it is pre-Roman - why do you have Sutton Hoo and turf mazes which are surely medieval? The only likely pre-Roman white horse is Uffington yet you have pics of the scouring of Cherhill etc. Your logo is the Cerne Abbas Giant isn't it? That is probably quite late with the earliest interpretation being a Roman depiction of Hercules with his club and lion skin cloak. Ditto Long Man of Wilmington who has been seen as a Roman surveyor. Not trying to be controversial but am just confused. Don't you like oddities and unknowns?

Reply | with quote
Earthstepper
Posted by Earthstepper
6th September 2003ce
18:45

In reply to:

Re: church mound (baza)

2 replies:

Re: church mound (FourWinds)
Re: church mound (baza)

Messages in this topic: