The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Penshaw Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Penshaw Hill
Re: Geordie v English
34 messages
Select a forum:
Always a pleasure!

I am still so full of regret that I couldn't meet up at Uffington. How's about another attempt, maybe at a different venue? I love the white horse, and it would be a cinch for me to get there (if I'm not sodding decorating) but anywhere would be a consideration. 'Specially as I'm getting a new tent in a week or 2! Yay!

Mrs Goffik (no relation) reckons it's "Haad yer whack"! Just to add to the mystery... Ah, way. I reckon it depends on the area, as has been discussed.

In my home dialect (born Luton) it would be "Shut yer f**kin trap"! So the song got away with it lightly if you ask me.

Well - looks like this place has chilled quite a lot after last week's temperature tantrum!

Isn't there a temperature that, in America, they reckon the murder rate goes up? Thank whatever gods you like for TMA! "Better than murdering someone" should be the catchline. In the nicest possible way.

I'll Haad me gob now.

Goffik
xx

Reply | with quote
goffik
Posted by goffik
18th August 2003ce
19:49

In reply to:

Re: Geordie v English (Moth)

1 reply:

Meets & stuff (Moth)