The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Lacra Forum Start a topic | Search
Lacra
Re: Bird Brain Baz
25 messages
Select a forum:
it's a Buzzard, and there's *nothing* common about it ;-) Ubiquitous ,please...but never common!

How do I know it's a Buzzard? because of a: it's size, b: it's colouring, c: it's blunt-ish head, and d: the call you described.

A peregrine is a slightly smaller, more slender bird, whose call is rarely heard, and then a rasping 'kak ka kak', at the nest, not whilst hunting.

A red kite's call is a little like a buzzard mewing, but it's tone is different, and the frequency differs to the buzzard. It's the same size as a buzzard yet less bulky, and rarely seen on a rock like that, the usually glide close to the hillside, almost touching the grass.
The only other option is a Goshawk, and I KNOW it's not a goshawk, they are super-rare, in wooded areas, and go "gigigigigigigigiGGIIIIIGIGIGIgigi"

unless they see you, then they're gone.

I miss the buzzards :-( but Morfeticia had an osprey grab a fish while she was swimming a few weeks back, it was 8-10 feet away! Durned water- buzzards!

Reply | with quote
morfe
Posted by morfe
12th August 2003ce
16:19

In reply to:

Bird Brain Baz (baza)

1 reply:

Re: Bird Brain Baz (BigSweetie)

Messages in this topic: