The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Rollright Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
The Rollright Stones
Re: As Michael Franti nearly said
40 messages
Select a forum:
"why I don't like the spiritual/stone link. It becomes elitist. It says that I get more from the stones than you lot and they're not for you. It says I understand these more than you".

That's a bit harsh, in my elite opinion. I don't get any spiritual feelings from stones but if others say they do then either they're deluded (which makes me the elite) or they do, in which case good luck to them. Most of them are perfectly 'umble and matter-of-fact about it, which is fine, although I agree with you that there comes a point where pretentiousness starts to rear it's head. The ones that dress up in cloaks and dance around and actually talk to the dead get up even my nose, and I'm a fair minded tolerant liberal, so heaven knows what effect they have on you!

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
15th July 2003ce
09:49

In reply to:

Re: As Michael Franti nearly said (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: