The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Rollright Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
The Rollright Stones
Re: Art at the Rollrights
40 messages
Select a forum:
"...what am I to make of "Kapoor uses materials which reflect or absorb light, or allow light to pass through them" which covers the whole spectrum of materials in the universe, without exception.... "

Yes, I'll give you that one, BUT if the artist is making a conscious decision to distiguish between these qualities in his work then it still has some validity as a statement of intent.

"and try as I might I can't pretend that "engaged with polarity and a search for the evocation of the sublime: presence and absence, being and non-being, place and non-place, the solid and the intangible" don't sound like utter bollocks to me, because it does."

Seems to be about nothing more than stretching ideas of polarity to me (Yin and Yang if you like). Fascinating to me as a Pagan.

Reply | with quote
Cursuswalker
Posted by Cursuswalker
14th July 2003ce
22:21

In reply to:

Re: Art at the Rollrights (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: